Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Rotary agenda: keeping your appointments booked deliciously

Starting at elementary school, I was told about the importance of an agenda, but the excitement didn't last till the first week of school. For me, the fun part of having an agenda was making it nice with all kinds of clippings from my idols and cute stuff. The next thing that made it interesting was that I could pass it to all my fellow classmates to check it out and put in their contact information and eventually some comments. And that I could put appointments, test dates and my test marks in it, was a nice add-on, but surely not the main focus of an elementary student.

Now, being in the work field for more than a decade (and a tad older and forgettable), I see the importance of having an agenda. My mind just doesn't seem to hold on to that much information anymore. But I have to admit, I don't usually use an agenda, because I don't like how it's so plain and boring. It's just a hard cover with pages of paper to write on. And I don't see myself doing the clipping thing anymore.
 


 

 
So, when my friend Marieke Visser send me a Rotary agenda, I was kinda skeptic. I mean, I'm flattered that she's so nice to have thought of me and I'm really thankful for that, but I was not sure I'm gonna use it (thoughts about boring and plain). So when I finally got it in my hands, I was really impressed. She knows I love food, so with a theme as 'What's Cooking?', you kinda already caught my attention. And I'm not saying this because I got it as a gift. I really liked it because of these reasons:
 

 
1. It has different features:

  - an agenda to book all your appointments (duh....)
  - a calendar
  - and since the calendar is made in a stand-up way, you can lay it on your office to scroll the pages or use it as a table calendar or really bring it with you as a normal agenda.
 
2. Promote Suriname

This agenda contains a lot of information about Suriname: the food, the raw ingredients, the food events. This would be a perfect gift for tourists or foreign business partners. It's professional, the quality of the product is good, you're supporting a good cause and you're promoting the pride of being a Surinamese. And if you might be in a conversation with someone, who doesn't know Suriname, you can always show the pictures in the agenda itself, so make sure you get yourself one.
 
3. Good cause

Every year the Rotary initiates this agenda project and all generated income will be used for a good cause. To keep it interesting, a different theme will be chosen every year.
 

If you're interested (which you must be), you can buy it at:
- Readytex, Maagdenstraat 44-48
- Icana, lobby Hotel Torarica, Mr. L.J. Rietbergplein 1
- Randoe Woninginrichting, Dr. Sophie Redmondstraat 250.
 
If you need additional information about this agenda or anything else related to it, you can contact
Cees Dilweg, cadilweg@randoe.com / Tel.: 442958 / Mobiel: 0880 6419

Each agenda will be sold for SRD 62,50 (about $18,-) and the income will be used for several Rotary projects as indicated in their press release.
 
And this agenda came really at the right time, since I'm going to take my cake hobby to the next step soon and now I have somewhere to book all the cake orders!!

 **My apologies since my pictures really doesn't give the agenda justice, but I hope you understand that it's made with a simple Blackberry and by a non-photographer**


 

No comments:

Post a Comment