Thursday, March 20, 2014

Baby talk

Recently there has been some discussions going between me and several people around me. The big topic is 'baby'!!

Back in the days, it is a natural thing to assume that one day you'll have kids. Nowadays, some people choose to have kids, some accidentally have kids and some choose not to have kids at all. So the big question was: "Why do you choose to have kids?"

About the fact that babies are the most adorable human beings in the world, nobody will deny. But what makes people, who have the choice to choose for kids? Is that the society pressure 'it is expected that every woman will have kids one day' or does every woman really feel the desire to become a mommy at some stage in their life?

Don't get me wrong. One day, I do want to have a baby of my own, but I always expected to have a certain feeling or desire. That one day something will light up or a certain mommy feeling will tingle within me and I'll know that it's time. Or am I the only one who is not having these kind of feelings?

On the contrary, why not have kids? They're adorable, will be a little you composed by the features of you and your loved one. However everybody complains about the sleepless nights and the dirty diapers, but it hasn't kept many from making more. Even moms who has told me nightmare-ish stories about their childbirth experience are willing to confine another one willingly. Why is that?

Does childbirth give people a certain confident or power of creation? That they have a certain feeling that they actually did something god-like...created a human being?


I assume I'll have a lot to research about this topic. When I talked about this with a friend, she even started to doubt about how certain she is about having kids.

In life, we learn most things as part of life: going to school, finding a good job, falling in love, marriage and kids. But how often do we wonder if these are necessities or are these just society requirements?

No comments:

Post a Comment