Saturday, January 25, 2014

Do you choose your own way or do you let others choose for you?

Some believe that the course of your life is already determined, some believe you have to take matters into your own hands. However it seems as if these are two different ideas, but what if the choices you made are actually the ones you were supposed to make? Or that it does not matter which path you choose, 'cause at the end you'll reach the same end station.

I am not religious, but just a tad spiritual. There was a time in my life that I was really focused on spiritual stuff. And I don't mean the floaty stuff ; being 'you're here, but nobody's home'. I do mean that I believe that there's more between heaven and earth and somethings just can't be scientifically proven.

In the course of my spiritual journey, I even went to a course 'NLP'(Neuro Linguistic Programming). It was a very enlightening course. For me a bit pricey, but at the end worth every penny. During NLP, I've learned that everything goes the way it should have gone. I have to remind myself about this every day, since I tend to fight against destiny. Most of the things I learned are left aside, but these are the things that stayed in my head:

- if you always do what you have always done, you'll always get what you've always got
- whether you say you can or you can't, you are right
- focus on what  you want, not what you don't want
- there are no bad choices. You made the right choice at the moment you had to make it, but it might not be useful anymore.

However I have these 'tools', but I have/had been in the same position as that little girl in front of the two roads: the anxiety, the fear of not knowing which one to choose and wishing that someone could just choose one for you. But deep down inside, we all know some decisions nobody can make it for you but yourself.

Yesterday I learned that one needs to be trained in decision making. It does not come naturally as we thought it should.
And I got to admit that I did not have that many chances to use that right till now.

The fear lies not on the choosing, but in not knowing the end result of that decision.
Somehow I believe I got to get through that fear and just believe that faith will bring me where I need to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment